21 Dec 10 Tips To Increase Your Auto Accident Settlement
Sadly, accidents occur each day in cities throughout Florida. Injuries and damages often result, and you are due just compensation. Although each case is different, there are a few things that I have found insurance companies look at which do increase the settlement offer amount. Therefore, here are 10 tips to increase your auto accident settlement:
1 Seek treatment as soon as possible. If you do not seek treatment quickly, the insurance companies will try to allege that your injuries must not be that bad. It is best to get checked out after an accident as soon as possible.
2. Do NOT take any offers from the insurance company without an attorney. The insurance company will often times try to call you quickly after an accident and offer you money. Do not take that money without first talking an attorney.
3. Do NOT post on social media. Too many times I have had clients post on social media that they are “okay” or doing physical activities. It is best to keep your posting at a minimum during your accident claim.
4. Be honest about your injuries. Many try to minimize their injuries after an accident. Be sure to be honest with your doctors about everything that is hurting you so all of your injuries can be properly documented.
5. Follow treatment recommendations. Your doctor may make certain treatment recommendations to get you better. For example, a chiropractor may say you need to come get treatment twice a week for a month. If you miss a large amount of appointments or have a large gap in treatment again, the insurance company is going to try to allege you are not that hurt.
6. Take pictures of BOTH vehicles at the scene. It is important to have pictures of the damages to both vehicles and if you can, the scene of the accident. Although I understand the insurance company will typically do estimates of the vehicles, it is best to have your own photos of the damages and the scene.
7. Take pictures of any injuries. Be sure to take photos of any bumps, bruises, breaks, stitches, lacerations and cuts. As they say, “a picture is worth 1000 words.”
8. Have witness information. Be sure to take the information (name and contact information) of any witnesses. This may be crucial if there is a dispute as to who caused the accident.
9. Call the police and have a crash report prepared. Although the crash report is not admissible under Florida law, it is important to have a report made, especially like we discussed above, if there is a liability dispute prior to the officer arriving.
10. Hire a qualified and experienced auto accident attorney. Studies have shown that having an attorney fight for you can increase your settlement by multiples.
EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
You need someone that is going to stand up for you when it comes to your car accident claim. I understand that the process after getting into an accident can be difficult and stressful. You likely have questions and few answers as to the next steps to take. Allow me to be there for you from the beginning. I offer a FREE no-obligation consultation where we can discuss your claim. I will review your accident claim with you personally at one of the office locations in Zephyrhills, Saint Petersburg, Brandon, Clearwater, Plant City New Port Richey, Wesley Chapel or Sun City Center. Cannot make it to me? I will come to wherever is convenient to you at NO charge. You deserve to be compensated and I want to get justice for you!
Contact Car Accident Attorney Kevin L. Sullivan II TODAY at (813) 598-4868 for a FREE no-obligation consultation. I look forward to assisting you with your claim!