05 Oct Clearwater Car Accident: What Should Steps Should You Take Afterward… And Not Take?
You are making your way down US-19. You stop at a red light. However, the driver in the vehicle behind you is on their phone distracted. They fail to stop and slam into the back of your vehicle. You were just involved in a Clearwater car accident. You have a million thoughts going through your head and do not know where to begin. What steps should you take after the accident?
1. Take a breath. Take a moment to gather yourself and your thoughts.
2. Check on passengers. Make sure everyone is okay.
3. Call the police and ambulance. It is important that a report is made and everyone is checked out.
4. Take lots of pictures. Take pictures of the accident scene, all vehicles, and any other evidence you may find relevant.
5. Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. It important to seek treatment from a doctor not only to make sure that you are okay but also to be keep all coverages available.
6. Be sure the write down the name and contact number of any witnesses.
7. Contact a qualified and experienced Clearwater car accident attorney to assist you through the process so your compensation is maximized.
What steps should you not take after a Clearwater Car Accident?
1. Do not speak at the accident scene except about basic information and demographics such as name and address.
2. Do not contact the insurance company without having counsel on the phone with you. If you do speak with the insurance company without an attorney, keep the accident information basic and do not discuss injuries.
3. Do not miss a consultation with a medical provider to make sure you are not injured.
4. Do not post on social media.
5. Do not accept any settlement offers from the insurance company before speaking to a qualified and experienced Clearwater car accident attorney.
Common Clearwater Car Accident Injuries
Clearwater car accidents happen far too often. Many times they result in severe injuries. Some of these injuries can include but are not limited to:
– Head Injuries
– Traumatic Brain Injuries
– Bone Breaks & Fractures
– Bruises, Abrasions, & Lacerations
– Neck Injuries
– Back Injuries
– Knee Injuries
– Shoulder Injuries
– Internal Injuries
– Wrongful Death
Common Types Of Clearwater Car Accidents
There are many different types of car accidents that happen in Clearwater. Sadly, there is no way to guarantee that you will not be involved in an accident, especially if it is due to the negligence of another. However, if an accident does occur, I will personally review your situation with you at no cost so I can help you to recover the compensation that you deserve. Some of the most common types of auto accidents that occur in Clearwater include:
– Rear- End Accidents
– Distracted Driving Accidents
– Side-Impact Accidents
– Head-On Accidents
– Multi-Vehicle Accidents
– Side-Swipe Accidents
Experienced Florida Car Accident Attorney
I understand that the process after getting into a car accident in Florida can be difficult and stressful. You probably have a lot of questions and very few answers. Allow me to be there for you every step of the way. I offer a FREE no-obligation consultation and will review your accident claim with you personally at one of the office locations in Tampa, Zephyrhills, Saint Petersburg, or Clearwater. Cannot make it to me? I will come to wherever is convenient to you at NO charge. You deserve to be compensated and I want to get justice for you!
Contact Clearwater Car Accident Attorney Kevin L. Sullivan II TODAY at (813) 598-4868 for a FREE no-obligation consultation. I look forward to assisting you with your claim!