04 Jan Involved In A Bicycle Accident In Tampa Bay? Consider These Steps
Bicycle Accidents happen far too often in Florida. Due to the great weather most of the year, bicycles are a great mode of transportation for either leisure or for traveling to work. However, motorists sometimes fail to share the roads with bicycle riders which leads to accidents. Here are some steps to consider should you be involved in a bicycle accident in Tampa Bay.
1. Take a breath and a few moments to gather yourself.
2. Call the police and ambulance. It is important that a report is made and that you are checked out for injuries.
3. Take as many pictures as you can. Take pictures of the accident scene, all vehicles, the bicycle, any injuries to you and any other evidence you may find relevant.
4. Seek medical treatment as soon as you can. It important to seek treatment from a doctor not only to make sure that you did not suffer any internal injuries.
5. Be sure the write down the name and contact number of any witnesses.
6. Contact a qualified and experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney to assist you through the process so your compensation is maximized.
What Are The Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents?
Bicycle accident sadly can happen for a lot of different reasons. Sometimes accidents cannot be prevented. However, it is important to make sure that you practice you practice safe riding and that you are as visible as possible. Some of the common causes of bicycle accidents include but are not limited to:
1. Texting & Driving
2. Distracted Driving
3. Driver is unfamiliar with the area
4. Failure to follow traffic signs and signals
5. Turning without looking
7. Swerving into bicyclists
COMMON Bicycle ACCIDENT INJURIES
Bicycle accidents happen in Tampa Bay far too often. Many times they result in severe injuries. It is important to get checked out by a medical provider as soon as you can after a bicycle accident. You want to make sure most importantly, that you do not have any life-threatening injuries. Bicycle accidents are serious as there is typically nothing between you and the vehicle. Moreover, you want to make sure that your injuries are properly documented. Insurance companies take advantage of gaps in treatment. They attempt to use them against you by trying to say you did not treat and therefore, you must have not been that hurt. Some common bicycle accident injuries can include but are not limited to:
– Head Injuries
– Traumatic Brain Injuries
– Bone Breaks & Fractures
– Bruises, Abrasions, & Lacerations
– Neck Injuries
– Back Injuries
– Knee Injuries
– Shoulder Injuries
– Internal Injuries
– Wrongful Death
EXPERIENCED BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
I understand that the process after getting into a bicycle accident in Tampa Bay can be difficult and stressful. You probably have a lot of questions and very few answers. Allow me to be there for you every step of the way. I offer a FREE no-obligation consultation and will review your accident claim with you personally at one of the office locations in Tampa, Zephyrhills, Saint Petersburg, Brandon, Clearwater, or Sun City Center. Cannot make it to me? I will come to wherever is convenient to you at NO charge. You deserve to be compensated and I want to get justice for you!
Contact Tampa Bay Bicycle Accident Attorney Kevin L. Sullivan II TODAY at (813) 598-4868 for a FREE no-obligation consultation. I look forward to assisting you with your claim!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.