10 Oct Police Cannot Come The Accident Scene? 7 Things You Should Consider Doing
Sometimes, the police cannot make it to the scene of an accident. That does not mean that you do not have a valid claim nor does it mean that you should not be compensated. But, if some information is not gathered early on and if evidence is not protected, getting you the compensation that you deserve can much more difficult.
Here are 7 things you should do if the cops do not show up to your accident scene:
1. Make sure everyone is okay. Just because the police may not be able to make it to the accident scene does not mean that you should not ask for an ambulance if someone is injured. Make sure that someone is not in need of immediate medical attention. If the need arises later on, call back. It is fine to let them know that you or someone else needs immediate medical attention after all. Health above all else.
2. Take photos. Take as many photos as you can including but not limited to the scene, the street signs, and the condition of the vehicles.
3. Get vehicle info. Be sure to write down the VIN # of the other vehicle as well as the license plate number.
4. Get party contact information. Be sure to get all of the contact information from the driver of the other vehicle as well as of any passengers including addresses and phone numbers. If you can, take a picture of their driver’s license, their registration, and their insurance card.
5. Write down a description of what happened. As time passes on, small details can be lost. Make sure to write down a description of what happened in the accident, including what was said by the other party. These statements can include “I’m sorry” or “This is all my fault.”
6. Get witness information. Be sure to write down the names and contact information of any witnesses that may have seen the accident.
7. Contact an attorney. These cases can often become stressful to navigate without the assistance of an attorney due to lack of information. Adjusters will call constantly to garner additional information often times just to use it against you. Allow me to start my investigation immediately so valuable evidence is not lost and are not forced to constantly deal with adjusters asking questions you may not know the answer to.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
A variety of injuries can result from an auto accident. Some can be seen immediately like bumps, bruises, and severe breaks while others may not be seen like bulges, herniations, and tears. Some may be felt immediately while others may worsen over time. Some common auto accident injuries include but are not limited to:
· Back Injuries
· Neck Injuries
· Broken Bones & Fractures
· Shoulder Injuries
· Traumatic Brain Injuries
· Spinal Cord Injuries
Experienced Car Accident Attorney
I understand that the process after getting into a car accident can be difficult and stressful. You probably have a lot of questions and very few answers. Allow me to be there for you every step of the way. I offer a FREE no-obligation consultation and will review your accident claim with you personally at one of the office locations in Tampa, Zephyrhills, or Saint Pete. Can’t make it to me? I will come to wherever is convenient to you at NO charge. You deserve to be compensated and I want to get justice for you!
Contact Car Accident Attorney Kevin L. Sullivan II TODAY at (813) 598-4868 for a FREE no-obligation consultation. I look forward to assisting you with your claim!